cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <gerhard_froehl...@at.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] XML validation during build docs
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:16:15 GMT

Hi David
I'm +1 on this...

  Gerhard

                    David Crossley

                    <crossley@indexg       To:     cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                    eo.com.au>             cc:

                                           Subject:     [VOTE] XML validation during build
docs
                    15.01.2002 06:36

                    Please respond

                    to cocoon-dev

I would like to enable XML validation by default during
the "build docs". This is effected by setting the
parameter "validate=true" in the <parser> entry of
src/documentation/cocoon.xconf

I have been running my local "build docs" like this for a
long time - it works well. (Consequently i seem to be the only
one who attends to the various xdocs validation errors :-)

Note that in this thread we are only talking about validation
of xdocs/*.xml documentation. Validation of configuration files
such as */sitemap.xmap and */cocoon.xconf are another
matter which needs to be addressed separately.

I consider it to be vital that the Cocoon distributions go out
with a guaranteed valid set of XML documents. An exemplary
XML framework needs to be spotless.

So here is my +1 for default validation of xdocs.
--David Crossley