cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Kai Ulrich" <ulr...@pnpconsult.com>
Subject Rendering a jsp : JSP it compiled 3 times -> performance problem
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:34:33 GMT
If I want to render a JSP (Struts Tags) with cocoon !
Everything works fine !
1. A servlet arrange the data an puts the beans to the request.
2. forward to the coocoon Servlet
	RequestDispatcher rd =
etServletContext().getRequestDispatcher( "/cocoon/printBasket" );
	rd.forward( req, res );

	[web.xml]
	<!-- Cocoon Servlet Mapping -->
  	<servlet-mapping>
    		<servlet-name>Cocoon2</servlet-name>
    		<url-pattern>/cocoon/*</url-pattern>
  	</servlet-mapping>

3. piped to the print.jsp

   [sitemap.xmap]
   <map:match pattern="cocoon/printBasket">
    <map:generate type="jsp" src="print/printBasket.jsp"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/print2fo.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="fo2pdf"/>
   </map:match>

But I have a little performance Pronblem:
- One thing attracted attention : By the executing the pipe, the JSP it
compiled 3 times and the servlet  is executed 2 more times!
Is that usual ? Can I do thome thing to get a better performance ?