cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <>
Subject RE: Retuning Sitemap Design
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:12:32 GMT

>From: Stefano Mazzocchi []

>A pipeline may contain *all* components at the first level.
><note who="sm">having 'mount' and 'redirect-to' as first level
>components doesn't make really sense, but it doesn't hurt either so why
>should we limit it?</note>
>The order of the components defines their processing precedence.
>Pipeline processing is started from the top-most component and stopped
>when one of the 'ending' components are found:
> - serializer, reader
>If an error is triggered during pipeline processing, the output is
>detached from the pipeline and attached to the error-handling
><question who="SM">what happens when the client has already received
>part of the request (say during aggregation?)</question>

Hmmm for i.e. in a FOP serialization pipeline:
I think you have to send a new Request. Maybe a simple HTTP request with
the error message or something depending on the serializer.

Carsten proposed month ago something like an error generator.

Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message