cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [C2] request parameters automatically passed to cocoon:/process sub-pipeline
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 07:25:33 GMT

Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> I notice that in the latest official release of Cocoon2, if you have two
> sitemap matches like:
>
> >     <map:match pattern="info.html">
> >       <map:generate src="cocoon:/info.xml" />
> >       <map:transform src="transform.xslt" />
> >       <map:serialize />
> >     </map:match>
>
> and
>
> >     <map:match pattern="info.xml">
> >       <map:generate type="my-request-param-generator" />
> >       <map:serialize type="xml" />
> >     </map:match>
>
> and you request the page "info.html?param1=aparam&param2=anotherparam",
> the info.xml match receives the two request parameters as if it has been
> called with "info.xml?param1=aparam&param2=anotherparam".
>
> For my current work, this is a very helpful feature, but I'm not
> confident
> that it is intentional, and I don't want to build reliance on a
> side-effect of the current implementation, particularly in light of all
> the good work currently going on to improve sitemap processing.
>
> Could someone clarify whether this is expected behaviour.

Yes, this is the wanted behaviour, so you can actually rely on it.

But, you're right that this is not always wanted, we have some
cases were we don't want to pass the parameters. I'm still thinking
of a good way to indicate this to the procotol, for example by
   "cocoon:/DONTPASSPARAMETERS@info.xml"

If someone sees a good URI scheme for this, I will be very happy
to implement that then!

Carsten