cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Allowed Sitemap Constructs
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 12:31:56 GMT
Hi,

I currently run into the problem that I created pipelines which I
thought were possible, but currently are not support by Cocoon:

It is not possible to nest anything other than a map:part into
a map:aggregate, so the following doesn't work:
<map:aggregate>
  <map:select type="test">
    <map:when test="a">
      <map:part src="a"/>
    </map:when>
    <map:otherwise>
      <map:part src="b"/>
    </map:otherwise>
  </map:select>
  <map:part src="constant"/>
</map:aggregate>

Is this a bug or is this by design?
My personal opinion is, that this should be possible.

Another restriction we currently have is already entered as a bug with
the number 4357: An Action is not possible as a root element inside
a map:pipeline, only map:match can be a used as a root element.
So here again, is this by design?

I think we shouldn't make such restrictions. But at least if we make
these restrictions we should document them.

Regards,
Carsten