cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject URLConnetion blocks
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:38:11 GMT
Hi,

we have a problem with getting external content using http. Sometimes
a read on the input stream of the urlconnection blocks forever. The
first read on the input stream gets the whole document from the
external server, the second read is used to test if the whole document
is fetched, so this read usually returns with -1. But occasionally,
this second read hangs forever and blocks the thread.

>From our research we found out that this is due to the timeout setting
of the underlying socket which has the default value of 0 (= infinite).

Has anyone similar problems? Or better has anyone a good solution to
integrate into Cocoon? Or a suggestion?

Cheers
Carsten