cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Tom Klaasen (TeleRelay)" <tom.klaa...@telerelay.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Enhancing Cocoon Visibility
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:40:46 GMT

[...]
> I see a number of solutions (you have more, make yourself heard):
>
>  1) adding an implicit 'cocoon-status' resource (for example
> /about-cocoon)
>
>  2) adding a implicit 'about' resource view (for example
> ?cocoon-view='about')
>
>  3) adding cocoon-specific HTTP header to the response (for example
> x-cocoon: 2.0.12)
>
> Of course, we must prevent people from having the chance to
> disable this
> so we must make sure things have a very low impact on resource.
>
> What do you think?

Neither of the 3 will show visibility with the "pre-processing" way of
using Cocoon: generate your site and let it serve by apache only. And
this has been talked much about lately.

We still have #4: The "Cocoon 1" way: add in each page a comment "This
page was generated by Cocoon". Could be an <!-- --> comment in HTML and
XML, fineprint in PDF, jpg, gif, etc etc. This can relatively easy be
added in the Serializers (although it doesn't obey the SoC then :P )

(hmm, I'm not completely sure whether I like this fineprint idea --
maybe something else is possible in these formats)

The "Powered by Cocoon" button I read somewhere else in this thread,
should also be provided, so that people who want to give more
visibility, have the possibility to do so. Now they have to do with a
mere text link (as in
http://www.outerthought.org/cocoon/resources/colophon -- these people
want to boast they're using Cocoon, but are limited to text only)

tomK