cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <>
Subject Re: i18n transformer update
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:26:49 GMT
On Thursday 24 January 2002 06:48 am, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> I also had a look at the key lookup stuff (including XMLResourceBundle),
> and it seems to me it is really performance-killing. Since I also need
> pluggable sources for translations, I will take this subject if you
> don't mind.

Yes, the i18nTransformer is easily the slowest component in our pipeline
here. Things were much better after I made it Cacheable, though.

I can understand that abstractness of the XMLResourceBundle, but for the
i18nTransformer, all it really needs is a key->value lookup. Investigating
how to speed it up is on my list of things to do, but its not that close to
the top.

peter royal ->

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: