cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Enhancing Cocoon Visibility
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:27:41 GMT
On Tuesday 15 January 2002 03:25 pm, Michael Hartle wrote:
> participation. I would consider (3) to be the least intrusive one, but
> preventing people to disable this either due to their personal taste or
> for a real need of theirs is dangerous:

Although it may not be a runtime-toggleable switch, one would always be able
to remove it with a recompile. AFAIK this is how Apache handles it. You can
change the Server: header, but you have to compile it yourself.

Generally if you care to change such things you already care enough to be
compiling your own. (My initial reaction to the no-disabling was also an
ooh-uck until the *bing* just recompile light went off)
-pete