cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: Check Source
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:58:55 GMT
I think I may need to back out of the commit for CheckStyle.
This was posted to the Ant-User list:

"> Does anyone know the legalities of including this in binary format
> with an Apache license project??

Legally, you can't - you could provide it as two separate downloads,
though, but only of your project doesn't rely on it.

Whether writing an Ant task using the GPL is legal under the GPL is a
different question, though (as the task relies on code that has been
licensed under a license that has been declared incompatible to the
GPL by the FSF).

Stefan"

If we can't have it in CVS, I'll change the build to
make it an optional component and display messages if
it doesn't exist...

What should be done?  (Anybody legally clue'd up?)

J.

of this email.