cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Morrison, John" <John.Morri...@uk.experian.com>
Subject RE: [RT]Cache/proxy friendly HTTP headers
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:25:51 GMT
> From: Gianugo Rabellino [mailto:gianugo@apache.org]
>
> Implementation should be pretty trivial: it would be just a matter of
> understanding the configuration and setting a couple of headers. Yet
> this would give us a tremendous performance boost, especially for
> self-contained webapps where we might put our resources and read them
> without worrying about performance issues: a reverse proxy
> will do all
> the dirty job for us.
>
> I eagerly wait for your feedback.

I'd love to see this functionality in Cocoon.  However, as *soon* as
you do it with values fixed in the sitemap *somebody* is going to
want a dynamic way of setting it.  Can you think of a way where it
would be _possible_ to extend it in some programatical (not sure if
that's a word :) way...?

J.

of this email.