cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Araya <>
Subject Re: how to display a web page with a MS word document which is stored in database
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 02:03:52 GMT
Right now you can't display Word documents natively unless you have a reader

On 01/24/02 17:27, "marco" <> wrote:

> I am using cocoon 2, tomcat 4.0, jdk1.3, mySQL 3.23.39.
> I am thinking of store the MS word document in database or file system.
> Please advise which storage method is the best and please advise the detail
> technical implementation of the two methods (i.e. how to write the code of
> the program). Thanks.
> For additional commands, email:

Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

web        (work)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

80/20 Rule: Simplicity vs. complexity. 80 percent of the
functionality/feature set of an "ideal" solution set, with only 20 percent
of the complexity of the ideal solution or 20 percent of the effort required
to build the ideal solution; or put another way, the last 20 percent of the
"ideal" feature set is what creates the most complexity

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message