cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stuart Roebuck <stuartroeb...@mac.com>
Subject [C2] request parameters automatically passed to cocoon:/process sub-pipeline
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:00:50 GMT
I notice that in the latest official release of Cocoon2, if you have two
sitemap matches like:

>     <map:match pattern="info.html">
>       <map:generate src="cocoon:/info.xml" />
>       <map:transform src="transform.xslt" />
>       <map:serialize />
>     </map:match>

and

>     <map:match pattern="info.xml">
>       <map:generate type="my-request-param-generator" />
>       <map:serialize type="xml" />
>     </map:match>

and you request the page "info.html?param1=aparam&param2=anotherparam",
the info.xml match receives the two request parameters as if it has been
called with "info.xml?param1=aparam&param2=anotherparam".

For my current work, this is a very helpful feature, but I'm not confident
that it is intentional, and I don't want to build reliance on a
side-effect of the current implementation, particularly in light of all
the good work currently going on to improve sitemap processing.

Could someone clarify whether this is expected behaviour.

Thanks,

Stuart.

            Public Key - 1024D/88DD65AF 2001-11-23 Stuart Roebuck (Adolos)
      Key fingerprint = 89D9 E405 F8B1 9B22 0FA2  F2C1 9E57 5AB1 88DD 65AF