cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggested change to front page
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:15:14 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> If we are genuinely excited about Cocoon, where is the prominant link on
> the
> front page to download it?  The link to the download site should be
> within the
> first two sections of the front page!

Oh yeah, what about learning (yet again) from Avalon, and separate out the
release directories into versions.  That way we don't have to scroll down
several pages to get to the one we want!

The Avalon release hierarchy is like this:

${avalon-releases}/${subproject}/${version}/*.jar

And we always have a link like this:

${avalon-release}/${subproject}/latest

That link points to the latest release of Avalon.
Also in that directory we have HEADER.html and README.html.

HEADER.html has the release notification information (i.e. what the project is),
and README.html has quick instructions on verifying the signatures and the changelog
for the release.

It is very useful, and it looks nice as well.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin