cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xml-cocoon2 status, RE: Hailing all committers.
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:40:34 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> >
> > - Sun Microsystems, Inc.  Binary Code License Agreement
> > "...
> > JIMI SDK, Version 2.0 SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE TERMS
> > b. License to Distribute Runtime. Subject to your
> > obligation to indemnify Sun pursuant to Section 3
> > below, Sun grants to you a non-exclusive,
> > non-transferable limited, royalty-free license to
> > reproduce, distribute offer to sell and sell the
> > Software provided that you: ..."
>
> As I indicated before, I believe that you have "snipped" this license too
> short.  The relevant clause is:
>
> > and only bundled as a part of your Program that
> > incorporates the Software
>
> In other words, inclusion here is fine:
>
>    http://xml.apache.org/dist/cocoon/
>
> But the following are problematic:
>
>    http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/lib/optional/jimi-1.0.jar

as for Jimi, we need this because FOP needs it to print . So, I'm ok to
remove it from CVS if you don't find the license appropriate.

>    http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/lib/optional/resolver.jar

Norman Walsh (author) told me that resolver.jar has been released with a
BSD license (and in a few days will have an Apache one)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.