cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interpreted Sitemap?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:39:02 GMT
Martin Holz wrote:

> Silently disabling pipelines might be dangerous for some sitemaps.
> Imagine a sitemap, which checks first, if a user is authorized and redirects
> the request to a pipeline "Access denied" otherwise.
> If the check is disabled due to a syntax error, the site is open.

I see your point.

> If you are nesting matchers instead of putting them into a row, the problem
> may be solved. But i would still like a loud warning, if something is wrong
> with   the sitemap.

Like a very detailed Notifier that explains the issue in every request....

I guess the issue is something more concrete than "SitemapHandler not available",
which with the compiled approach is impossible to tell just what went wrong
without examining the generated code and the sitemap.xsl file in CVS.

That definitely has strong plusses.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin