cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon for docs generation
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 22:08:38 GMT
hi,

>Also, do you think that docs generation can be a good performance
>measurement of Cocoon speed?

I have checked a bit what is done if you launch "build docs".

If you launch "build docs" the first file in build/cocoon/docs are
generated, that's okay.

If you launch "build docs" a second time all images, each html is
generated once again, as far as i understand.
Note: I have not changed the documentation source files.

That might be an explanation for the poor performance.
I think tuning cocoon.xconf only might not be the only solution.

Sadly I have not found the key for the reason, checking too many sources...
Perhaps some cache, environment/commandline gurue might help?