cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to display a web page with a MS word document which is stored in database
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:20:23 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> marco wrote:
>
> >I am using cocoon 2, tomcat 4.0, jdk1.3, mySQL 3.23.39.
> >
> >I am thinking of store the MS word document in database or file system.
> >Please advise which storage method is the best and please advise the detail
> >technical implementation of the two methods (i.e. how to write the code of
> >the program). Thanks.
> >
> This question is not Cocoon-related, and even less cocoon-dev related.
> The cocoon-users list is there to help you if you have problems using
> Cocoon, but people won't do your job for you.

Easy, Sylvain,

I think Marco wanted to know about

 <map:read>

which is the tag that you should place in the pipeline to let cocoon
'read' (without processing) the MS Word document.

There are more implementations of the reading behavior, and you can even
write your own in order to provide the functionality you need (for ex,
store the file into a database BLOB)

Hope this helps.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.