cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Promotions, Revisioning and Workflow
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:35:03 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Thursday 24 January 2002 13:55, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > . . .
> > (yes, it's piece of cacke to add WebDAV functionality to Cocoon
> > directly, it's just a bunch of new HTTP actions and some XML content,
> > not a big deal for our machinery)
>
> Wow - do you mean WebDAV retrieval AND storage?

Of course. WebDAV without storage is HTTP and we already support that
(in case you didn't know :)

> I assume versioning would be much harder, though?

It would not be handled by Cocoon, but by the underlying CMS (via some
strong contract, possibly a java API)

Another option is to have Subversion taking care of this (on the side of
Cocoon, so webdav PUT/updates are just redirected), but I don't think
subversion is powerful enough for what I have in mind (node-granular
versioning and access control, fast xpath/xquery, etc..)

and given the amount of time it takes, I think the best solution is a
java engine (read: Xindice)... but that's just my opinion.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.