cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Promotions, Revisioning and Workflow
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:56:24 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 January 2002 14:52, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >. . .
> > 3) CVS is not enough.
>
> In the long run or for "big" projects I agree, but unless there
> is an alternative today that is easy to install and as solid as CVS (I don't
> know much about subversion though), I think CVS could do for many small to
> medium-sized projects.

Granted and agreed.

> CvsGeneratorUsingCvsTagsToRetrieveVersions, anyone?
> (I hate looking dumb - but maybe someone is going to say "it's
> already in Cocoon", so why not give it a try ;-)

Hey, what about ripping out the NetBeans CVS Protocol library (which is
legally compatible with us, unlike the JCVS library) and use that to
write a generator?

Any volunteer?

> > . .
> > My dream KMS architecture is something like this:
> >

> >      [frontend] - [CMS] - [backend]
> >                  [store]
>
> Yes!
>
> IMHO the need right now is in defining the interfaces between these
> components. A tall order for sure...

Yes, this needs to happen sometimes.... but I don't want to put too many
irons in the fire just yet (Cocoon and Forrest will suck all my free
time now) but I keep an eye on XIndice to make it possible in the future
to use it as part of that [store] component.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.