cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <>
Subject Re: Donating Portal and Authentication Components to the Cocoon project
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:35:36 GMT
i have some question about the portal..., btw it's great donating your work!

>Although the current primary use of Cocoon is as a Web publishing framework
>we see great potential for integrated components that provide such things as
>authentication and portal capabilities. To honor this we are willing to
>return parts of sunShine back to the Cocoon project. These parts will
>include Cocoon components for authentication, session management and
>building portals. All of these components adhere to the Cocoon architecture
>and are "tried and trusted".
What kind of authentification schemas are supported?
Can I handle form-based authentification as described in the servlet-spec?

>The authorization components allow the integration of given data-sources
>(e.g. databases that may already contain user information) and provide a
>means of protecting pipelines so that only authorized users can access the
>defined resources.
how, and where do i define the authorization?
How can I map from authentification, to authorization?

>The portal engine is totally SAX-based and is integrated into the sitemap.
>Portals can be described in an XML format. Content can be defined for the
>portal using regular Cocoon pipelines. Based on the authorization
>components, a portal generator "gets" the portal description for a user and
>streams the complete portal content into the pipeline. A following
>stylesheet transformation transforms this into HTML.
Is there some caching for portal parts which are the same for all users?

Can a user change the portal definition, he/she owns?#

bye bernhard

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message