cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Improved the feeled performance!
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:27:51 GMT
Enke Michael wrote:

> Hi people,
> as we have a default Buffer of 8192 byte in the AbstractTextSerializer
> sometimes it takes very long until any result is visible in the browser.

Uh, yeah, didn't know we had such a big buffer....hmmmm...

> Therefore I introduced an "OutputFlusher" which flushes the BufferedOutputStream
> per default every 500 ms. Now the pageheader is shown immediately, independent of
> how long it takes to fill 8192 byte.
> I hope this helps.
> I prepared AbstractTextSerializer to get the time in milliseconds
> from cocoon.xconf, the name is "flush-time", default is 500, values below 100 are set
to 100,
> value of 0 means no flushing.
> But I have no idea how to setup, what to put in cocoon.xconf.
> Do I have to put AbstractTextSerializer into cocoon.roles???
>
> Attached the diff and a new class for cocoon/serialization

Thanks for the patch, but now I wonder: should we make this a more
general component?

I mean, sort of a 'heartbeat' thread in background does all sort of
time-dependent things (cleaning up the cache, flush buffers, and so on)

What do you people think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.