cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler a Component?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:16:37 GMT
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> Hi Sylvain,
>
> I'd like to override some of the behavior of
> org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler class; however SitemapManager
> hard-codes the name of the Handler class in its implementation.
>
> I'd like to make a component out the sitemap.Handler class. Are you OK
> with this?

:/

A Handler is a utility class for the Sitemap and its Manager.
To that end, the Handler is free to be hardcoded.  Resist the temptation
to make everything under the sun into a Component.

If you have a new SitemapManager, you can use a different utility class.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin