cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Enke Michael <Michael.E...@wincor-nixdorf.com>
Subject Improved the feeled performance!
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:45:48 GMT
Hi people,
as we have a default Buffer of 8192 byte in the AbstractTextSerializer
sometimes it takes very long until any result is visible in the browser.
Therefore I introduced an "OutputFlusher" which flushes the BufferedOutputStream
per default every 500 ms. Now the pageheader is shown immediately, independent of
how long it takes to fill 8192 byte.
I hope this helps.
I prepared AbstractTextSerializer to get the time in milliseconds
from cocoon.xconf, the name is "flush-time", default is 500, values below 100 are set to 100,
value of 0 means no flushing.
But I have no idea how to setup, what to put in cocoon.xconf.
Do I have to put AbstractTextSerializer into cocoon.roles???

Attached the diff and a new class for cocoon/serialization

Regards,
Michael