cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject How do you include braces in an attribute?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:23:39 GMT
I like the ability to do parameter substitution, but how do you pass a
value that does not expand the attribute?

For instance, I have an action that performs redirection to a specific
form.  I want to include the key in the URI, but do the expansion myself.
I have an action set like this:

   <map:action-set name="reports">
     <map:act type="catgroup" src=""/>
     <map:act type="report" action="Run Difference Report">
       <map:parameter name="report" value="store-0/section-{cdlid}/difference-report.pdf"/>
     </map:act>
     <map:act type="report" action="Run Compliance Report">
       <map:parameter name="report" value="section-{cdlid}/compliance.pdf"/>
     </map:act>
   </map:action-set>

The problem is that the "section-{cdlid}" portion of the URI is expanded
before the path is given to my action.  I want to perform the substitution
of {cdlid} myself in the action.  Do we have escape characters for the
braces?  Or do I have to choose a different marker to perform the substitution?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin