cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reviewing TODO
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:11:39 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As we agreed on the soon 2.0.1 release... We need to review todo list,
> as it was not updated lately. Please add your comments on what you fill
> is done and what is not yet.
>
> High priority tasks:
> --------------------
>
>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>    Make the use of Batik optional to avoid the X-server problem.
>   </action>

Yes, very high priority.

>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>     Structure the documentation. Currently it is a flat structure. There
>     are several proposals for a better structuring.
>   </action>
>
> What about this? Now I see that we have nested docs structure. Shall we
> remove this item?

Yes, also because Forrest will take care of that already.

>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>     Update the documentation to reflect recent changes and divide
>     it into user and developer documentation.
>   </action>
>
> I guess this work has been done - we have now both users and developers
> docs.

Ok, cool, let's remove that.

>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>    Complete (means put everything we know of into even if it has to be
> commented)
>    the cocoon.xconf file and put descriptions into it
>   </action>
>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>    Complete (means put everything we know of into even if it has to be
> commented)
>    the web.xml file and put descriptions into it (similar to the
>    httpd.conf file of the web server or the server.xml of Catalina)
>   </action>
>
> Is there any undocumented spot left there?

Don't know.

>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>    Close hsqldb server properly on shutdown
>   </action>
>
> I did not figured out a way to do this yet...

I've been taking a look at JBoss and they managed to impress me a lot
when they intercepted my CTRL-C call (without native code, apparently!)
and stopped the server nicely (I tried the 3.0 alpha version). Don't
know how they do this.

>   <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
>    Complete (means put all allowed constructs and combinations)
>    the lint/sitemap.xmap file
>   </action>
>
> Medium priority tasks:
> --------------------
>
>   <action context="code">
>    Remove deprecated methods from org.apache.cocoon.xml.util and make it
> clean
>    for SAX2 final.
>   </action>
>
> Can somebody tell what is this about?

We have some SAX1 2 SAX2 glue code left. I think we can remove this at
this point since nobody is using SAX1 anymore with Cocoon2.

>   <action context="code">
>    Finish writing the command line interface and design the link
> rewriting
>    behavior that cannot work with views.
>   </action>
>
> Same here...

Probably gone at this point. Remove it.

>   <action context="code">
>    Complete/write documentation in general.
>   </action>
>
> This will never be complete. Let it stay...

No, let's remove it. It's a very obvious task. It's like stating that a
site is under construction. Obviously, it always is.

>   <action context="code">
>    Check if the map:redirect-to should handle all urls including the
>    special cocoon: protocol. This would require making the redirect
>    for these urls on the server.
>   </action>
>
> IIRC, there was some discussion on this, with the resolution not to do
> internal redirects. Am I correct?
>
>   <action context="code">
>    Check how to handle the mixing of output streams when an error inside
>    a pipeline occurs. When the pipeline has something written to the
>    output stream and then an error occurs the result is the first
> written
>    part with the appended exception.
>    One solution could be a configurable intermediate output stream.
>   </action>
>
> Gerhard, are you working on this? Seen some emails on this lately.
>
>   <action context="code">
>    Update and improve the profiling tool from the HEAD cvs and
> incorporate it
>    into the 2.0 branch.
>   </action>
>
> This one is obsolete: branch has been abandoned.
>
> Let's keep Cocoon rolling, :)

Way to go :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.