cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [update] TreeProcessor now available
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:32:16 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I finally finished the interpreted implementation of the sitemap engine.

Forgot to say in the previous post...

The latest commit includes a major rewrite of component management which
allowed a lot of code cleanup.

As a side benefit, these changes allow the <map:components> section to
be given "as is" to a ComponentManager.configure().

Practically, this means :
- we can use hints to name components instead of their class name (I
defined a few in treeprocessor.xconf),
- we can also add arbitrary components such as datasources that are
local to a sitemap.

For example, the following is allowed :

<map:components>

   <map:matchers default="wildcard"/>
     <wildcard-uri-matcher name="wildcard"/>
     <regexp-uri-matcher name="regexp"/>
     <map:matcher src="my.nice.Matcher"/>
   <map:matchers>

   <component role="my.nice.Component"
              class="my.nice.ComponentImpl"/>

</map:components>

I know the above isn't backward compatible with the current compiled
engine, but don't you think such features can be useful ?

Cheers,
Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez