cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Asynchronous LogTarget
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 16:00:23 GMT
I attempted to make use of the Asynchronous LogTarget for Cocoon, however
the LogKit implementation could not do it.  I kept getting a "could not
write to closed file" message written to the Tomcat log for each log
message.

Obviously that is not acceptable--and asynchronous logging is key to
Cocoon's performance.  Those who are familiar with the AsyncLogTarget,
could you please give me some hints as to what may have gone wrong?

The AsyncLogTarget is crucial for server side logging approaches.
Errors should be logged immediately, and therefore should block, but
all other log messages shouldn't block.

That will help speed Cocoon's performance alot--even when logging
at the DEBUG level!

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin