cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Jetspeed portal
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:54:55 GMT
Lewis, Andrew J wrote:

>I have a similar project - I'm stealing a few things from Jetspeed, and building on Cocoon.
I have really spent a lot of time with Jetspeed, and while the concepts are great and thre
is some cool stuff there, I think Coccon is a better framework for a portal.
Is it OpenSource? Can effort be shared?

For instance, if you are using/modifying our Profiler or
PSMLManagerService, we could all benefit from the effort.

Even if you only "steal" concepts, maybe you could donate back components.

Think about the maintenance effort you will save if the Jetspeed project
takes a component away from your code base ;) I will think about the
patches and improvements you could bring back to us.

I'm trying to convince my customers to do it. I know it is sometimes

Sorry for the shameless plug!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message