cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Core or Optional?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:05:20 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ok,
>
> you both have convinced me (for now...)
>
> I added core and optional as subdirectories of the lib and moved
> the jars in the directories.
>
> Unfortunately the deli library is still not really optinal as the
> deli role interface directly uses deli classes!

In practice, if a Component is never referenced in the configuration,
it won't be preloaded.  The caveat to this rule is when the Component
is asked for by another Component.  The only other Component asking for
DELI was the TraxTransformer.  The import of the Deli classes was
removed, and the loading of the Deli component was optional as well.

I have tested my installation without any Deli jars, and it works
well.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin