cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: livesites.xml
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:23:49 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Hello Stefano, how did you determine that a particular
> site was not using Cocoon? I was adding some entries
> to livesites.xml a while ago to respond to some requests
> on cocoon-users. For some of them it was difficult to tell
> whether they were actually using Cocoon.

Heuristics :)

For Cocoon1, URI space (the use of *.xml on every page), HTML
formatting, profiling comment at the end.

For Cocoon2, trust :)

There is no way to tell if a web site is powered by Cocoon2 at the

While I think it shows the *beauty* of the Cocoon2 design compared to
Cocoon1 (and, believe me, this was the the *first* reason to rewrite
Cocoon1 from scratch and come up with a sitemap!)

See my next email for my proposal on how to make sure if a site is