cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: Restructuring FAQ file
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:19:34 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> I am trying to resurrect this important thread from late
> last year (it was around Xmas and there were no replies).
>
> Does anybody know the answer to the mystery of why
> the FAQ DTD lost some excellent functionality? See
> discussion below. I propose that if nobody knows, then
> we should resort to the FAQ document structure of C1.

David,

I'm currently cleaning up the v1.0 DTDs and making a v1.1 version to
place in Forrest (we'll be probably be starting a full-blown xml.apache
subproject soon).

I'll be very happy to integrate any suggestion.

As for the Documentation vs. Docbook DTD, I'd love to provide choice
instead of wasting tons of emails to convince people why one DTD is
better than another.

DTDs are like OS or text editors: highly subjective to personal taste.

At the same time, it's fairly easy to transform Documentation DTD into
Docbook DTD so I plan to do:

 light semantic markup -> full semantic markup -> presentation markup

where

 light content DTD -> Documentation v1.1 (and friends)
 full content DTD -> Docbook (latest)
 presentation DTD -> XHTML, XSL:FO (rendered as PDF) and SVG (rendered
as PNG)

What do you think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.