cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dynamic sitemap?
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:08:26 GMT
Robert Koberg wrote:

> From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>
>
> > Robert Koberg wrote:
> > >

> > But I strongly doubt this will need a dynamic sitemap implementation: it
> > need a powerful sitemap editing solution, that is correct, but that's a
> > different story.
>
> what is the story?

The story is that this sitemap editors should not require cocoon
architectural changes (if it does, we have a problem!)

> ---
>
> How do you deliver current information about the site to another application
> located outside the jvm? (for example, to export a site at any time).

I don't know, there are many possible solutions for this.

> Or how does an outside app get site information?  (for example, instead of
> the site being pushed to the next level it is pulled)

Ditto.

> And how do you do this without dragging down everybody (everysite) else who
> is using the machine?
>
> maybe these are cocoon-user's questions??

Up to you, but I suggest you to describe your scenario of use in more
detail if you really want some valuable information.

> <snip/>
>
> > Fast and easy sitemap editing cycles and sitemap dynamism are two
> > different things and belong to two very different concern islands.
>
> I don't understand this. If you edit the sitemap then you are changing it.
> Then you need to re-use it. Isn't that dynamic?

I think it's a terminology misunderstanding: we consider 'dynamic' a
sitemap that is changed by the sitemap itself, not a sitemap that is
changed from that outside.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.