cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: no connections in the pool
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:28:55 GMT
Roger I Martin PhD wrote:

> The current cvs of Cocoon2 produces the exception
>

> Original exception : java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the
> datasource
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoAvailableConnectionException:
> There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.

is your Driver loaded?

Are you using the <driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver> tag
in the configuration?  Is the driver jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory?
Does the jar have a ".jar" extension?

The most common cause for this is that the server is not finding the
class.  Some Servlet Containers do not load jars that do not have the
".jar" interface.  You either need to place the driver jar in the
WEB-INF/lib directory or in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory.  You cannot
ever assume that classes loaded by the server are accessible by the webapps.

> for all databases I use.  I've checked my settings over and over again;
> looked at the deployed stuff as well; everything appears to be right and
> everything is compiled in the tomcat work directory.  Tried it with
> different types of databases.
>

> Anybody else experiencing this?  Are there changes with Avalon that are
> causing database things to break?  If no one replies I'll assume that I
> still have not configured my database things properly.
>

> Regards,
>
> Roger

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin