cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Allowed Sitemap Constructs
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 11:18:26 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Not exactly correct... they are reachable...
> >
> >  <pipeline>
> >   <act>
> >   <match>
> >   <act>
> >   <match>
> >   <act>
> >  </pipeline>
> >
> > the third one is never reached.
> It *is* reached if none of the matchers are matched *or* if matched
> matchers had no <map:serialize|mount>. In these cases, last actions is
> executed right before <map:handle-errors/>.

Gosh, if this is your vision, we have a problem.

The original design was that 'handle-errors' should be sort of a
try/catch statement, not a procedural call that you can assume to be
called at the end. It's not *at the end* of the pipeline. It could be
explicitly written on top or in between, things shouldn't change.

Also, and more important, if a matcher doesn't have a
mount|serializer|reader, it's an error. The sitemap shouldn't even be

At the same time, I see your point: the post-action can be executed if
no matcher is entered... and we can't forbid this to happen unless we
force the creation of a new semantic like 'default-match', which I
think, sucks.

So, yeah, I was wrong, there is a possibility when these post-actions
are reachable, but only when no matchers are found, the other example
you provide should not be possible.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: