cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Allowed Sitemap Constructs
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:20:03 GMT

Torsten Curdt a écrit :

<snip/>

> > We then decided to break the generated code into submethods based on
> > map:pipeline/map:match which as a side effect forbids any other
> > top-level construct.
> >
> > So this restriction is not "by design", but "by implementation" ! The
> > TreeProcessor (still have to write views for it to be finished) doesn't
> > have this limitation.
>
> Cool! I'm really looking forward for this thing :)

You can try it out now : all is functionnal but views. Compile
scratchpad, and remplace the <sitemap> element in cocoon.xconf by
<sitemap class="org.apache.cocoon.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor">

Some sitemap loading speed tests on my 600 Mhz Win98 home PC :
- initial load of the main sitemap : about 5 secs
- reloading of the main sitemap : 0.9 secs (the difference is the cost
of cocoon warmup)

I didn't made request-handling speed test, but it is carefully optimized
: one-time lookup of ThreadSafe components, no variable replacement
scans in strings that don't have a {}, etc.

Enjoy !
Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez