cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@rabellino.it>
Subject Resolution/validation woes
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2002 18:57:50 GMT
Looks like it's time to confess how much my hate for DTDs and validation
in general brought me to a deep ignorance and to what seems to be a dead
end alley.

I always try to avoid validation, but this time I have to: while playing
with a pretty cool DocBook add-on for M$ Word (you might want to check
it out at http://www.yawcpro.com: it's closed-source yet it has a free
that does all that is needed to me) I'm facing the fact that the
software saves its documents with a

<!DOCUMENT article SYSTEM "sdocbook.dtd">

directive. This caused my Cocoon to fail with a
ResourceNotFoundException on the missing DTD file.

Now... I tried to turn validation off in cocoon.xconf. No luck. I tried
then to resort to the entity resolver by adding the line

SYSTEM "sdocbook.dtd" "sdocbook.dtd"

to the end of resources/entities/catalog. No way: the little boy still
insists to have its private copy of sdocbook.dtd in the same directory.

Now for the question: how on earth am I supposed to tell to the parser
to simply *ignore* any DTD/Schema directive (or to ignore any error
coming from suche Handlers)? If this is not possible, how does the
catalog resolution work (i.e. where do I start in debugging it apart
from CocoonServlet :))?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo