cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <a...@intadev.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon2 and JDK 1.4
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:24:20 GMT
xercers is packed into rt.jar
which contains a lot of other run time libraries
so there is now obvious way to "delete" anything

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Hartle [mailto:mhartle@hartle-klug.com]
Sent: 30 января 2002 г. 23:04
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cocoon2 and JDK 1.4

Alex Kachanov wrote:

>hello, guys!
>
>Is anyone aware about the problems with cocoon2 under JDK 1.4?
>
>I've tried to run Cocoon2 under JDK 1.4 rc and had those conflicts
>of XML parsers.

If I am not mistaken, have a look at the lib¥ext directory of the
JDK1.4rc, there you should find the xerces.jar which contains the
conflicting XML parser, so it is possible to remove or exchange the
conflicting, pre-packaged parser.

By the way, I think that packaging Xerces with the new JDK is a pretty
cool acknowledgement for the work of the Xerces folks, but it can be
annoying for those who either want/need to stay on the edge with Xerces
or work on/use a project that potentially uses a newer Xerces. :-/

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR