cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Kachanov" <a...@intadev.com>
Subject RE: Plans for upcoming release: DELI
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:42:15 GMT
No doubt: DISABLE

Those who need it (I need) will enable it

Those who do not need it will not care,
when needed they will enable it, say "Wow!" and love Cocoon2 even more.

-----Original Message-----
From: Butler, Mark [mailto:Mark_Butler@hplb.hpl.hp.com]
Sent: 30 ?????? 2002 ?. 22:37
To: 'cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Plans for upcoming release: DELI

Question: Should we enable or disable DELI for the upcoming release?

Pros for enabling
- When I disabled it by default before, there were lots of "it isn't
working" queries (although to be fair some of these queries were due to it
not working even when enabled)

Pros for disabling
- Unless we use the method Ovidiu suggests of having two TraxTransformers,
it will slow down TraxTransformer for *ALL* pages even if people aren't
using DELI.
- When enabled it uses up memory - again this isn't a good idea if people
aren't going to use it.

Opinions please? Enabling / disabling is easy - I just want to know as I
want to update the documentation so knowing whether it will be enabled or
disabled by default will be helpful.

Note the version in CVS at the moment is with DELI enabled.

thanks

Mark