cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Promotions, Revisioning and Workflow
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:12:36 GMT
On Tuesday 22 January 2002 14:52, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>. . .
> 3) CVS is not enough.

In the long run or for "big" projects I agree, but unless there
is an alternative today that is easy to install and as solid as CVS (I don't
know much about subversion though), I think CVS could do for many small to
medium-sized projects.

CvsGeneratorUsingCvsTagsToRetrieveVersions, anyone?
(I hate looking dumb - but maybe someone is going to say "it's
already in Cocoon", so why not give it a try ;-)

> . .
> My dream KMS architecture is something like this:
>

>      [frontend] - [CMS] - [backend]
>                  [store]

Yes!

IMHO the need right now is in defining the interfaces between these
components. A tall order for sure...

- Bertrand