cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: staging/promotion (CVS for XML?)
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 15:53:52 GMT
On Monday 21 January 2002 15:51, Robert Koberg wrote:
> . . .
> Is cvs the best thing for text-based version control?

I think yes - these days CVS tends to be the "category killer" for version
control of text and binary files.

> Is there some Open Source versioning software that handles XML? That is,
> when there is a conflict it keeps the content piece well-formed and
> identifies the conflicts. I have only had some limited experince with
> cvs...

Would be great for sure, AFAIK there is no such thing yet but I'd like to be
proved wrong.

In the meantime, I'd go with CVS and prevent conflicts by requiring locking -
I think CVS allows you to do that.

- Bertrand