cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: [WARNING] Incompatible change (was Re: DELI support added)
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:29:43 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:00:22 -0500, Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:

> Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
>
> > I guess the problem comes from the fact that cocoon.jar was built with
> > the Deli classes in it. I'll update the build.xml to verify the
> > presence of Deli libraries, and skip the compilation if they are not
> > present.
>

> With the Deli.jar in the CVS repository there is little to be gained by
> that.  My point was that even if DELI support was compiled into the cocoon.jar
> file, the runtime should not force users to include the deli.jar file as
> dead weight in the system.

Did you try removing the <deli>...</deli> configuration from
cocoon.xconf, and the "deli" role from cocoon.roles?

This should solve the problem as there's no place in the code that
makes reference directly to DELI, other than the
org.apache.cocoon.components.deli.Deli interface.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem. I will anyway work on
fixing the build problem.

Thanks,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>