cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Javascript and initial impressions Re: Samples not working!!!!!! (RE: TODOs for the next release)
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:17:05 GMT
Just my opinion.  I feel it is unwise to put javascript on a front page
where one would gather an initial impression of a product or project.
The issue being this is a very likely point of failure (no matter how
simple the javascript is someone will make a browser that breaks it).
While rollover images are a cool effect, I'd suggest removing javascript
from at least the front page.  This way at least the first impression
will be nice (just before their browser breaks on the second page with
javascript :-p).

Just my opinion.

-Andy

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 09:43, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Since I always keep javascript error reporting to the max, for me the
> tutorial page gives me javascript errors on the rollover stuff. Also the
> links on the left are not correct and the fonts are not right. Since it
> doesn't seem like a tutorial to me, and the examples are basically the same
> as the database ones, should we keep it?
> --
> Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com
>
> These are the days of miracle and wonder...
>           ...so don't cry baby, don't cry...
>                                                   Paul Simon

www.superlinksoftware.com
			- fix java generics!