cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: dynamic sitemap?
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:07:34 GMT
From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net>

> > From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
> >
> > Robert Koberg wrote:
> > >
> > > one more I forgot...
> > >
> > > How do I alter (sub)sitemap information in an app that is not cocoon
> based
> > > (perhaps different jvm, perhaps not) and then get that into cocoon?
> >
> > there is no way to 'upload' something to cocoon remotely.
> >
> > I want to fix this ASAP (I'll do this in the next few days).
>
> I guess you are going to put changes into scratchpad? I still hope for
> soon 2.0.1 release...
>
> And, you still can use FTP or file system in the mean time ;)
>
> Vadim

The company I was contracting to for the last 3 years would not allow FTP
because of security issues (I got around it with ssh and wget/curl but a
producer/editor can't do that). In large site structures there is not just
SoC but SoL (which can have two meanings :) but I will go with 'Separation
of Labor' :).  In my experience, the better network admins are taking more
and more 'power' away from (dev)users to avoid security problems. There
needs to be a way in the publ sys to alter and promote a site(s) (this is
big and I see no strategy/workfolw built into cocoon).