cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: dynamic sitemap?
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 15:08:07 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>

> Robert Koberg wrote:
> >

> But I strongly doubt this will need a dynamic sitemap implementation: it
> need a powerful sitemap editing solution, that is correct, but that's a
> different story.

what is the story?

---

How do you deliver current information about the site to another application
located outside the jvm? (for example, to export a site at any time).

Or how does an outside app get site information?  (for example, instead of
the site being pushed to the next level it is pulled)

And how do you do this without dragging down everybody (everysite) else who
is using the machine?

maybe these are cocoon-user's questions??

<snip/>

> Fast and easy sitemap editing cycles and sitemap dynamism are two
> different things and belong to two very different concern islands.

I don't understand this. If you edit the sitemap then you are changing it.
Then you need to re-use it. Isn't that dynamic?