cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: build docs issue: XSL/Transform namespace changed
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 04:32:33 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > From: Vadim Gritsenko
> > > From: Morrison, John
> >
> > No, this is the optimization I done recently in XSLTTransformer:
> >
> >   reader.setContentHandler(templatesHandler);
> >   reader.parse(stylesheet.getInputSource());
> >
> > replaced with:
> >
> >   stylesheet.toSAX(templatesHandler);
> >
> > Don't understand the reason for this error: samples webapp works
> > perfectly... If I won't understand by COD today, will have to revert
> > this patch...
>
> Whew!!! That's not my patch, that's Xerces: it can not validate the
> stylesheets!!! Does somebody remember these lines:
>
>   <parser class="org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.JaxpParser">
>    <parameter name="validate" value="true"/>
>   </parser>
>
> "validate" was set to true, but stylesheets were using OWN instance of
> parser thus running without validation. With my patch, everything uses
> one parser, validating one, and Xerces failing to validate stylesheets.
>
> Can somebody pickup (&resolve if possible) this issue from here?
> Vadim

Oh no, this is terrible to lose the capability to validate XML
instance documents. That certainly does not help to build a
solid XML framework.

Actually, i wonder if it really is a validation issue as such.
If you look at the error message that comes from "build docs"
it seems that Xerces is getting confused about the namespace
declaration in the stylesheets.

-----------
ERROR   10117   [        ] (): Logicsheet.getTransformerHandler: Exception
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
Error in creating Transform Handler: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException:
General Schema Error: Grammar with uri: http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
, can not be found; schema namespace may be wrong:
Xerces supports schemas from the "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
namespace or the instance document's namespace may not match the
targetNamespace of the schema.
at org.apache.cocoon.components.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl.getTransformerHandler(XSLTProcessorImpl.java:223)

I have tried looking at the Xerces pages at xml.apache.org
but cannot find info on this issue.

--David Crossley