cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject [VOTE] XML validation during build docs
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 05:36:22 GMT
I would like to enable XML validation by default during
the "build docs". This is effected by setting the
parameter "validate=true" in the <parser> entry of
src/documentation/cocoon.xconf

I have been running my local "build docs" like this for a
long time - it works well. (Consequently i seem to be the only
one who attends to the various xdocs validation errors :-)

Note that in this thread we are only talking about validation
of xdocs/*.xml documentation. Validation of configuration files
such as */sitemap.xmap and */cocoon.xconf are another
matter which needs to be addressed separately.

I consider it to be vital that the Cocoon distributions go out
with a guaranteed valid set of XML documents. An exemplary
XML framework needs to be spotless.

So here is my +1 for default validation of xdocs.
--David Crossley