cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: TODOs for the next release
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:57:29 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Morrison, John" <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:57 AM
Subject: RE: TODOs for the next release

> > From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]
> >
> > Hi Team,
> >
> > as we have decided to make the 2.0.1 release asap, let's collect
> > all the items we really need to do for this release.

I sent a patch to enhance the ant build and make it "interactive" (also make
a MUD in ant, anyone ;-) ).
The user is prompted with basic build targets to choose from, and the
install dir if he selects the installwar target.
IMHO it's a small patch that can help both in visibility ("slpash screen")
and in ease of use.

A small step in the direction of creating a product that also "looks" like a
product, so that lazy developers stop deeming Cocoon as a hack just because
for them it looks like one.
IMPOV, developers are our customers, and this is the concept that's behind
my Cocoon efforts.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com
These are the days of miracle and wonder...