cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: MathML package structure?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:30:21 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Holz" <holz@fiz-chemie.de>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 10:24 AM
Subject: MathML package structure?

> Hi,
>
> we are currently preparing a cocoon package, which transforms MathML to
> GIF and SVG. The package consist of a two Transformers and a Serializer
plus
> bunch of auxiliary classes, which are not cocoon specific.
> Now we need some advice on the best package structure.
>
> Should we place everything in one package (org.apache.cocoon.xml.mathml ?)
or
> should the transformer go into the package
> org.apache.cocoon.xml.transformation?

Since I presume that the Transformer and the Serializer share code, IMHO
it's best to split the package in an Avalon Component to put in
org.apache.cocoon.components.mathml , like the SVGSerializer did, and put
the transformer in org.apache.cocoon.transformation and the serializer in
org.apache.cocoon.serialization.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com

These are the days of miracle and wonder...
          ...so don't cry baby, don't cry...
                                                  Paul Simon