cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <baro...@nicolaken.com>
Subject Re: [update] TreeProcessor now available
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:13:01 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

Imagine I want to use an AcmeDatabaseGenerator in my sitemap;
AcmeDatabaseGenerator is Composable and uses an AcmeCoolComponent.

Current Scenario
To "install" it I need to add AcmeCoolComponent to cocoon.xconf and
AcmeDatabaseGenerator in the sitemap.
It's not immediate.

Possible scenario
I drop in an AcmeDatabaseGenerator.xar in the /components directory and it
gets installed automatically.
The AcmeCoolComponent is also available to other Components.

IIRC Phoenix has this mechanism. I think it increases easiness for
developers a lot.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 xml-cocoon@nicolaken.com

These are the days of miracle and wonder...
          ...so don't cry baby, don't cry...
                                                  Paul Simon